Looking for project risk register template? We have project-based template for construction, IT with sample of template in excel format.
Project Management Risk Register Template
Project Management is not as easy as it sounds. To attain the results, the team goes under several processes. Doing all the management homework on the paper is a tough ask. As everything is evolving so fast in the world, there are advancements in the method of project management as well. For this purpose, different templates are introduced to get a firm grip on your project.
- Download Risk register for construction & IT Companies
- Tracking multiple issue tracking for multiple project
- Custom template according to project nature
- Request us risk register template UK format
One such tool is the risk register template which keeps your projects on track. It helps you to stay updated about the potential risks that can take place. It can make any project a success as a risk register can be used in the initial planning stages of a project. And having a grip in the beginning definitely leads a project on the right road.
Key Features of Risk Register Template Excel
Whenever an individual or team starts working on a project, there are several brainstorming sessions done and a few risks are identified which can be recorded in the risk register template. It will keep updating you about the barriers you may face.
Knowing the hurdles beforehand will help you to look for better solutions or different frame of work to run a project smoothly. Risk Register Template leads you toward a solution-oriented approach.
Risk Register for Construction Project:
Managing tasks and performance is much easier than management of risks in the case of a construction project. Switching duties in a team task according to personal outcomes is more convenient but taking risk into account puts much pressure on the team.
Bringing risks down to zero is quite inevitable but being prepared for them will help you to withstand troublesome situations during that period of a project. Make some diligent team members in charge of the risk register spreadsheet, share it on drive or cloud so that if changes appear, they reach immediately to the rest of the members. If your team is good at using this tool, it will notably show up in your project management and performance exceptionally.
Related Article: Project Initial Document
Contents of your Project Risk Register Template may vary according to the subjectivity of the project you are working on. But a few generalise ones are mentioned below;
- Firstly, you need to figure out the title of the risk
- Then, add the description according to the title
- Add probability of risk
- Carefully look for the impact any risk can make to the performance
- Next, add the possible severity and seriousness of any risk
- Team members responsible for particular risks
- Cost or timeline can be added for check and balance of requirement and demand (optional)
- Change in plan of action in respect to the above-mentioned details of the risk
Frequent risk register assessment is very important, it will help you to pave your plan of action according to the score of risk occurring. Some common risks in a construction project are, unforeseen location conditions, short of supply, any injuries, also weather plays as a great risk in a construction project. It can drag your project timeline as well.
How to Conduct Risk Analysis through Excel Template?
Conducting risk analysis through an excel template is not as difficult as it looks. Here are some steps that you can follow to easily pull off this time-saving tool.
- The first step is to enter the data correctly in an excel spreadsheet. Design your spreadsheet by putting in the title, description, probability, impact, severity, and seriousness of a risk. Label your columns according to your set pattern in a risk register template.
- Then you need to opt for the chart style according to your suitability. The most commonly used chart style for a construction project is a scatter chart with markers.
- A blank chart will appear in a separate window. Now you need to synchronise the data by selecting your desired cells.
- Now you can edit the X and Y axis title according to the selected data. Also, label the point marked on the scatter chart for more clarity. By using this chart, you can plot multiple scatter charts for comparison.
- Format your spreadsheet and scatter chart plot area in different colours for prominence.
For more information about project risk register template with samples, you can request Templateinsider.com for support