Looking for project management tracking template? Time tracking daily to weekly with multiple projects management and task tracking. Hourly tracking and different category timeline projects costing stage.
Project time tracking excel is more refer to timeline project management template, you can download this template through our “ALL in ONE” project portfolio management template.
- Easy time tracking with multiple task list in each milestone or project
- Daily to Weekly time tracking with hourly manage
- Employee’s hour manages against particular project nature
- Enhance project productivity through this project tracking tool
- Update 2021 (Easy download in XLS format)
- Easily calculate employees performance
For more custom update in this time tracking template, you can request TemplateInsider.com and get instant feedback relates to this product.
What is Project Tracking Management in Excel Template?
Project tracking template helps to keep the check on the scheduled task and stay updated about the progress of the project.
The spreadsheet has got all the necessary information like task titles, task managers, due dates, current status of the project and the assigned budget can also be added. The task tracker template is also treated as the to-do list of the project. Steps to create a spreadsheet efficiently;
- Create the table with the heading like title, task organizer, starting or ending date and so on.
- Each column requires different validation rules. As per the requirement set up these rules.
- Then do the conditional formatting to make this spreadsheet presentable and easy to read. You can highlight columns or rows having high priority tasks. This helps the team to stay focused about the particular task.
Purpose of Project Tracking Management:
- It gives the clear insight of the work done by seeing the status of the tasks. The better the work breakdown the better grip on the task execution it will be.
- Also, keep an on the resources spent. As certain resources are allocated to a task, by tracking its progress we can also conclude the status of resources.
- Milestones are set to keep running the project with enthusiasm. Project tracking also gives detailed analysis about the milestones.
- With using this template, your project management budget may either increase or decrease
Types of Project Time Tracking Template
Check out some main categorize of time tracking tool for multiple types of projects (construction, IT, Engineering), although template name is same, these are also available with little bit difference In design or function.
Time Tracking for Multiple Projects:
It is not easy to manage multiple projects together. But the time has made this achievable by the help of templates available on the software. First of all, it is important to have realistic work breakdown and goals. Keeping in view the depth of the task’s deadlines is to be made.
Always keep a margin in case any unforeseen situation occurs. It is important for the project managers to know where and how the team is consuming their time. This clear vision helps to track time and the progress of the project.
Excel Timesheet Template with Tasks
A good time tracking of the project makes the project more profitable by bringing the high priority task in the beginning. On point time tracking develops just the right relationship among the clients as there is no ambiguity in the deadlines, tasks are completed on the decided time as a result a better relationship among the team and clients can be witnessed.
Related Article: Task Schedule Excel Template
Spreadsheet is developed in excel and all the necessary time related information in reference to the tasks of different projects are recorded. And further tracking is done by seeing the progress of the timelines of the project.
Project Timesheet template for Time Tracking:
Timesheet gives the information about how the time is spent on a project. Templates for timesheets are available and they are easier to update. Timesheet can be developed for an individual employee, adding the total working hours per week / month and calculating the total hours he/ she has spent at work. Timesheets are submitted and reviewed by the supervisors, in case of any regularity or confusion follow up and review is done.
There are many companies like TOGGLE using this system in expensive software, but these template is effective more. Referring to the sample of timesheet Project Time Tracking Excel, days of the week are recorded on the y axis of the spreadsheet. On the top of the column headings are made like, date, start time of the shift, break between the shift (start and end time), closing time of the shift, regular working hours in a day, overtime in a day and finally the total working hours in a day.
Project Costing with Project Time Tracking Excel:
There are two basic components that require utmost attention in project management. Both time and cost can be managed simultaneously. And these two factors can reduce the productivity of a project if not aligned properly.
Budget is allocated as per the duration of the tasks and it keeps the financial record under check. Referring to figure 4, in which the project management triangle is present. This triangle shows the scope of the project is directly related to the cost and the scheduling of the project. All three factors collectively impact the quality of the final outcome or the product.